Thursday, November 17, 2011

One Day of Peace.

Here at Phila U, we strive to be a safe zone for all races, genders, sexual preferences and any other differences. We are all about acceptance and real world experience. We love learning from other people who are much different than us because, in the long run, that is what broadens our horizons and teaches us about ourselves. My favorite quotes. It is from Youssou N'Dour, a musician and philosppher.

“People need to see that, far from being an obstacle, the world's diversity of languages, religions and traditions is a great treasure, affording us precious opportunities to recognize ourselves in others.” 
― Youssou N'Dour


We have a display of "One Day of Peace" photos and posters hanging up at one of our cafes, the Kanbar Campus Space. I hope you enjoy the pics! More to come.


 This one is promoting equality and acceptance between different races and cultures. I love this one because I myself and half German and half Puerto Rican and most of my from are in some way black and Hispanic. 

This might be my fave because I must admit...i am a HUGE nerd! Be nice to us, we make the world go 'round :)

 When I saw this poster, I was kinda shocked! Staring at all 364 of the grenades really brings into prospective how violent and corrupted the world is and how much we are in need of some peace and love. I almost teared up! There should be less bombs and more hugs!

 Explanatory. I think my next tattoo is going to be  a dove just for this reason.

The issue of domestic abuse in the United States is ignored and needs to be publicized. Change needs to be made! If you or someone you know is being abused by ANYONE! this means parents, family members, bullies, coaches, boyfriends or girlfriends, call 1-866-723-3014 and visit dosomething.org today.

Here is another display of domestic abuse. It is mor popular than we know and it's time to raise awareness. No woman deserves to be abused!

No comments:

Post a Comment